Volvo 240 Odometer Repair Gears Set
To Fit: models with VDO instrument cluster
- 240 1985-1991 (and some models 1992-1993)
(Some models 1992-1993 have a 26 tooth small gear, and they only way to establish this is by inspection. The 25 tooth gear can be used, with a 3% inaccuracy .)
A repair kit comprising 2 replacement gears for the housing mounted within the instrument cluster assembly.
You need to remove the insturment cluster from the car and dismantle it to install these parts. They are mounted at the end of the odometer unit, and the smaller gear being the most common failure.
Detailed installation instructions can be easily found by searching for "Volvo Odometer Gear Repair" online.
The smaller gear has 25 teeth and is 10.25mm diameter, and the larger gear has 15 teeth and is 15mm in diameter. The larger gear is mounted behind the white gear housing containing the smaller gear, when the unit is removed from the car.
We strongly advise to review the instructions available online, and have a clean worksurface to use before beginning to strip down the instrument unit and internal components are delicate and easily misplaced!
VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged at 20% on all purchases shipped within the EEC (with the exception of certain items such as books).
1) Prices displayed on this website are VAT inclusive where the selected currency is an EU currency.
2) All non EU currency prices displayed do NOT include VAT.
3) Orders shipped to addresses outside the EEC will NOT be charged VAT, once shipping address is set and you are logged into your website account, VAT is automatically removed from all prices.
4) Orders being shipped within the EEC will be VAT inclusive where applicable.
5) If you are viewing prices in a non EU currency, prices displayed DO NOT include VAT.
PFS Parts Ltd. is registered for VAT in the United Kingdom, VAT no: GB809914994